Thursday, June 20, 2013

Baby Bird

Hahaha... I have to laugh because my son just sent a text with this image.

Of course, one can't deny how adorable these babies are... I can almost hear their little peeps calling "I'm hungry."

Beyond the obvious meaning of this image, I find a deeper, more resolute meaning. It is the understanding of life and the way that things are supposed to be. You see, my son just recently left our nest. He left our small town for the city not quite three weeks ago.

Lots of people have been asking me how I feel about that and if I miss him. Well, the answer is yes AND no.

I have really come to appreciate how much of a wonderful young man he has become. Thanks be to God! But, I don't miss him because I am so excited for the experiences he will have and the things he will learn. I believe that God has led him to where he is right now. Not to mention that I spent the last 18 years trying my best to prepare him for this time of his life. Time for him to spread his wings and soar.

My true sense of peace with him being gone comes from our Father in heaven. Jesus encouraged us to not worry in Matthew 6:25-27.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

So, knowing how much our Father in heaven cares for us helps to put things into perspective for me. After all, He sent his one and only Son to die for us

It's funny that I used to think that the reason I never saw the beauty of God's creation when I was young was because I am from the city. This image tells me that it wasn't where I grew up, it's that I had blinders on. 

What a blessing it is that my son is sharing some of what he sees.

No comments: